family

family

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Welcome Fall...

I really love this time of year, other than knowing I will be a hunting widow from now until March with all the hunting Dave tries to fit in. We are truly being blessed with beautiful fall weather for the most part. I have been lucky enough to fit in a small amount of running in the evenings, a few times a week, and it is the perfect weather!


Olivia and Shaylee both finished playing soccer and volleyball last week for the leagues they were in. This was Olivia's first year playing competitive soccer and she really enjoyed it. It was a very tough division that her team was in, U14, and most of the teams were older and more experienced, but it was fun to watch. I am certainly not a soccer knowledge person so it was good for me to watch the game and try to figure it out. Shaylee played in a rec league for volleyball and next week starts on a club team that will take her through April. She is really excited to be on a traveling team and to learn how to be a better volleyball player. Both girls are in a competitive baskteball league in Logan right now that started last week. After sitting through Olivia's last soccer game in the freezing drizzling rain I am grateful to be in a gym! Dave is coaching a 5/6 grade combined team with Shaylee and Olivia is on the same team she has been on the past four years. Depending on what happens with volleyball, Dave may put Shaylee's team in another league in January or we may say no and just have her play volleyball. Olivia will have junior high basketball tryouts some time in December. You can guess where Taite and I will be found for the next few months on Saturdays!>


Shaylee participated in her first 5k fun run last weekend. It was fun to go run with her and for a great cause. We ran in a benefit fun run for our local special olympics team. So fun and Shaylee did great. I hope she continues to want to run with me more. The only problem there is that I have to stay in good enough shape to keep up with her!

The kids and I finished the first quarter of the scool year. I can't beleive how fast time is going. I feel like I never left the school, even though I had a 7 year break from teaching. We are loving the four-day school week. It is hard to fit everything in during the 4 days, but Fridays are great days for catch-up, clean-up, and prepare for the weekend so we can spend Saturdays watching ballgames and Sundays at church and relaxing.




Dave is full swing into hunting season. He has been on a float trip in Salmon and shot a bear, shot 2 antelope (Montana and Wyoming), a mule deer here in Franklin with Taite, and is looking forward to a trip to Kansas for a white tail deer. Of course there are the on the side hunts too that include turkeys, pheasants, coyotes, etc. Oh wait, I forgot chasing lions too. NOt to mention that Olivia was able to hunt deer this year, however, the hunt wasnt' so successful. Both girls are also able to hunt small game so if he ever runs out of hunt for himself he always can snag the girls to go along with him for a few hours. Keeps him busy when he isn't at work trying to keep up there.



Halloween has come and gone quickly this year. My girls are growing up and not showing near as much interest in dressing-up. Olivia skipped the whole thing this year, Shaylee dressed-up as a baby for achievement days and trunk-or-treat, Taite was Harry Potter long enough to go visit grandparents. I think we are going to have to start skipping the candy dress-up part and go for the stay home and have a Halloween party. Crazy to think my kids are so grown-up that the way we celebrate some holidays are changing.

Well, its off to basketball we go so catch up later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you are busy, busy, busy! I don't see how y'all do all those sports and keep up with everything else! Chase will also play basketball soon and Sam just had her last soccer game Saturday and I think that is enough for now! I see on my weather app that it is snowing there today! Can't imagine that! It is 75 today--had to get out my capris again. Chase saw and liked Taite's costume. Right now he is practicing Hedwig's theme on the piano. He loves playing from his HP book. I don't know if us Priestley's are ready to stop the trick or treating quite yet. It may go on for years in our family! Love you all and can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! It sounds like we may need to borrow boots for the week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete