family

family

Monday, March 4, 2013

And we teach MATH???????

Last week I was able to go to Boise with a dear friend of mine, Andrea Smart.  Her youngest son was playing in his final state basketball tournament.  It was so fun to go and not have any specific deadlines or pressure to do this/that.  We of course attended the basketball games each day, but we also fit in a movie, browsing a book store, hanging out at the hotel watching Duck Dynasty, and talking, talking, talking.  It was a much needed break for me.  On our way out of town we stopped at our favorite jerky store Papa Jay's.  They weren't officially opened, however the lady in the back was very generous and let us purchase our stash of jerky.   She asked me how much the jerky was and I told her the sign said $26.00.  As we were getting ready to leave I also grabbed on of my favorite candy bars, Alvey's caramel almond bar.  The lady ringing it up told us not to worry about the candy bars because we weren't sure how much they were.  Andrea and I both wrote out our $33.00 checks and were so excited to be on our way with our jerky and free candy bars.  About an hour later I got a call on my cell phone from the school.  We kind of both looked at each other not wanting to answer it, but I gave in and answered.

Shelley:  Amy this is Shelley.
Amy: Hey, is everything okay.
Shelley:  I am just calling to see if you were just at Papa Jay's?
Amy: Umm, yes we were.
Shelley:  Well they just called to tell you that they overcharged you for your jerky and would be sending your money to you.
Amy: Oh, okay, thanks.

As I hung up the phone and told Andrea about the conversation we both broke out giggling.  We had overpaid $5.00 each for the jerky and didn't even realize it because we were so excited to be on our way to a relaxing weekend!  Yikes...so much for a free candy bar, something we will giggle about for years to come I hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment