family

family

Thursday, September 24, 2009

One MORE Camping Trip

I hate to say that this was our last trip for the year so I am just going to say we fit in one more trip :). The kids were out of school on Friday so we left Thursday night and camped at Willow Flat (one of our favorites). Dave had to work most of the weekend, but the kids and I had lots of fun getting away from home. Our neighbors were also up there so Taite had Jordan to play with and then a girl from Olivia's grade was there with her brothers so they spent the day Friday with them. The kids' highlight was taking a 4-wheeler ride up the Basin to Gibson Lake and catching tiny frogs. They were so excited to bring them home for pets! Unfortunately, the last night we were there a huge storm came through and the frogs escaped their cage and got away. Hearts were broken when we told the kids we didn't have enough gas for the 4-wheeler to make another trip up the Basin to catch more. The highlight for me was being able to lazily sit around reading. I finished two whole books and enjoyed every page! The kids were entertained by playing in the water, hiking, riding bikes, playing football, watching movies (I know that shouldn't be allowed when camping!), 4-wheeler riding, fishing and playing with friends. It was a great four day weekend. I am trying to figure out when we can go again, but I am not sure I can squeeze it in. I might just have to settle for the memories to get me through to Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. I say we be adventurous and try in October when football season is over. I think that it is a GREAT idea:)That will be camp trip #2 for us!

    ReplyDelete