This year was the year we spend with my family in Shelley for Thanksgiving (every other) and so we drove up Wednesday evening. It was so great to be with my family and see them all. It's fun for my kids to see their cousins on that side and play because we don't get to see them as often as we wish we could. Even though there are only 8 cousins (counting 4 month old baby Weston)they can still raise a ruckus!!!!! I think dad and mom have to enjoy the peace and quiet after we all head home. The dinner was fabulous as always, my favorite is always mom's stuffing. Then dessert topped it all with the huckleberry cream pie, to die for. Dave says he still likes the white chocolate blueberry pie better, but that's okay because it just gives me that much more huckleberry. After dinner, dessert and visiting we called it a truly blessed day! I am so thankful for my family, everyone of them! We are so blessed and many times I overlook the simple blessings that quickly add up until I slow down and take time to recognize them.
The next day Dave and Dad took off coyote hunting while the kids and I stayed at my mom's and helped her decorate her Christmas tree. It is beautiful! I have always loved her tree. I joked with her the whole time we were decorating that as soon as we left she would probably just redecorate it until it looked just right. During the decorating process she decided she needed an extra piece of garland so she took Shaylee to the greenhouse and when they arrived she said Shaylee got a funny look on her face. Finally, after a minute Shaylee said, "Where do you get the garlic?" She thought they were going to the grocery store to get GARLIC not GARLAND!!!!! So funny. When Dave and Dad returned the tree was completed, they had had a great day out hunting, and we all sat down to enjoy leftovers before we started home.
Today to finish off the holiday weekend Olivia and I went to Novemberfest, then she finished all of her shopping! Oh, I so wish I was her. One day + $45.00 = she is done, what would it be like! We came home this afternoon, she wrapped her presents, and as a family we decorated Christmas trees!
The only downer of the whole weekend is I have NO pictures to share. Cameraman forgot to take any Thanksgiving day! But we have stories to share so that will work too.
WE ARE SO BLESSED!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment