We have finished our string of birthdays for the spring! Shaylee started off in March. Then, Olivia celebrated on April 8. I can't believe she is 12 years old. She is growing-up so quickly and adds so much to our family. I was excited that on her birthday she advanced to the Young Woman program and will now get to spend Tuesday nights with me at activities. We are both excited to go to camp together in July. I love having her in with me on Sundays because then we can talk more about our lessons afterwards. She received her first make-up for her birthday and is learning how to put on "just the right amount". I remember my 12th birthday getting make-up from my Grandma Thueson. I think there had to be at least 50 eye shadow colors. Luckily, Olivia only received 4 very light colors, some mascara, shimmer powder, and lip gloss. I will probably never be forgiven by her for her cake this year. I ALWAYS make my family's birthday cakes and birthday dinner, but after working all day and running kids here and there, I didn't have time to make a cake so I stopped by the store and bought one. MISTAKE! She informed me that even though I had decorated it cute it was gross. I guess I better make it up to her. She chose to go turkey hunting with her dad for her birthday. They didn't have any luck, but she sure had fun. I am so proud or her and excited for what lies ahead as she continues to grow and mature. Love always to you Viva Belle.
Two days later it was Taite's turn. His seventh birthday was all about Star Wars. One thing we have learned about Taite by now is that when he decides to like something he is devoted. He is CRAZY about Bakugan and Star Wars right now. It was fun to have him so excited for his birthday because the girls are kind of losing that "this is so fun I can't stand it" emotion about birthdays. Taite was so excited he couldn't quit grinning! I was really sad that when we were in Disneyland he begged for a Darth Vader action figure, but I wouldn't buy it for him bacause they were about 2x's the price of what you can get them at Wal-Mart for. I told him I wasn't buying anything that I could get at Wal-Mart. So you probably guessed it. When I went to buy it for him there wasn't a single store in Logan that had a Darth Vader. I even hadmy mom check in Idaho Falls, but no Vader. Luckily, he received other figures and he said, "That's okay you can just get me one later." What a good sport. Yes, I learned my lesson from Olivia's cake and had HER make one for him instead of buying it :). It was delicious! His birthday dinner request however, was quite the dinner. All three other requests were steak and baked potatoes. Taite requested chicken nuggets and fries. It probably would have been easier to just go to McDonald's, but I restrained and cooked his request for him. He loved it! Taite is my escape from the girl scene. Sometimes there is so much drama between Olivia nad Shaylee that I have to step back and really appreciate the calm Taite brings into our home. He is growing up fast too. Sometimes it is hard for me to swallow that he is already seven and finishing the first grade! Where does the time go. Love you BOY!
Last, but not least (candles that is) we celebrated Dave's birthday number 39! We kept it very simple and stuck with dinner request, strawberry shortcake for dessert, and a new GPS for traveling. After using the GPS in California that we borrowed he made the comment that no one should ever be without one. Always listening for hints for birthdays I jumped all over that one. We went to dinner with my parents last weekend for my dad's birthday and we were talking about how weird it is that we are at the ages we remember our parents being. I just hope we are living our lives to honor our parents and all they have done for us. Love you forever HONEY!
Also, we want to send a quick birthday wish to all the other SPRING birthdays in our family. If we have missed anyone so sorry ~ all together there were 20 birthdays between our two families from March 8-May 2! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Chase and Samantha enjoyed reading this! Chase said that he started Taite on Star Wars and guess who started him?..of course Ken. Chase has been home sick today watching a couple Star Wars-Clone Wars episodes, but I think Taite might be too young for that. Chase has it all memorized! Samantha loved reading about Shaylee and Olivia. Can't believe Olivia is 12! I still remember how she looked when I first saw her in her cradle. I've updated our blog with lots of pics and videos from these last few weeks-Bryce is walking now and it is 85 degress every day this week! We are in the middle of "summer" here. Love to read you all!
ReplyDelete