family

family

Thursday, April 8, 2010

SPRING BREAK = DISNEYLAND part 2

Good Sunday Morning! We are now headed to LA to the American Girl Store! Dave and Taite can hardly wait. Thanks to Dave's dad lending us his gps (which we named Charlotte) it took exactly 2 hours to reach downtown LA from Barstow. We never would have made it so easily without "her". but thanks to "her" directions and no incidences we arrived fast and safe and sound. I think I know what Dave is getting for his birthday, shhhh, don't tell. Anyway, we arrived at the AG store about 11 AM. What a great place. The girls absolutely had a blast. Olivia sent her AG doll, Jesslyn, away to the hospital to get a few surgical improvements, much cheaper than plastic surgery in real life. Shaylee's AG doll, Sonali, got her ears pierced. Then we shopped, wished, looked, wished, and wished some more. I think we could have spent all day there (not to mention A LOT of money), but we mustn't forget Taite and Dave. After about 1 hour at the store Dave made the girls' purchases which included a new outfit for Liv's doll, an accident kit (crutches, casts, ice pack, etc) for Shaylee's doll,and an LA AG t-shirt and hat. We wandered quickly through the Grove Shoppng Plaza, took a few pictures, and were on our way again.




Next Destination: Huntington Beach, 1 hour away
Again thanks to Charlotte we had smooth sailing and arrived at Huntington Beach right on time. It was 80 degrees when we arrived and I was ready to soak up the sun!!!!! We had an absolute blast and wish that there would have been another warm day while we were there to visit again, but the temperatures dropped on Tuesday and we didn't go back. The girls and Taite loved playing in the waves! Shaylee of course was the most daring. I bet if we wouldn't have put a limit on how far out she could go she would have joined the surfers at the end of the pier. Olivia had the adventure today. She was walking in towards shore and tripped just as a 3 foot wave came in and buried her. The next thing Dave and I know she was being rolled over and over along the sand by the water. She came up sputtering and choking and NOT laughing near as hard as we were. I think she was digging sand out of her ears the rest of the week. I enjoyed laying on the beach getting every warm ray of sun I could, which wasn't enough to get me through this last week of yucky weather here in Idaho. Taite and Dave played a little football, they all gathered shells, and we played in the water. That evening we walked the pier, which has a restaurant at the end of it. It was way cool! We also took a picture of Taite on his signature bench. The benches had HB carved into them and it looked like T sideways and B, which I call Taite, Taite Boy. We told him they made the benches just for our Taite Boy. We also walked the shopping strip and bought $25.00 of gelato (Italian ice cream). I am in love with it (coconut is the BEST), way better than ice cream. Shaylee and Taite didn't think so, but at the price we paid I promise we didn't throw a drop away! We had such a full, great day!





We then headed back to the car and Charlotte directed us to Desert Inn & Suites Anaheim! We arrived just in time to open the blinds in our awesome room and watch the fireworks over Disneyland go off!! Disneyland here we come!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment