All three of the kids played ball this spring. Both Shaylee and Olivia were pitchers for their teams, which was kind of a scary experience for me because I just knew one of them was going to get hit with a ball off the bat, but didn't happen. Shaylee was definitely the MVP. In her tournament they were playing for elimation or to go on for 1st/2nd place. In her division they are only allowed 8 runs per inning unless they score over that on the last play. The score was 13-3 at the bottom of the inning with Shaylee's team down by 11. They scored 6 runs and then Shaylee got up and hit a grand slam and brought in 4 runs to tie the game!!!! Then because of the tie they had to go into sudden death where the last runner is put on second base and you play one out. Shaylee struck out their first batter so we were back up and only needed one run to win, with Shay on second. She got a little brave and tried to steal home and was tagged out. Sudden death inning 2 we tagged their runner out at home and left them scoreless. Then because Shaylee was still our last runner she was back on second and successfully stole home and won the game for them! The team played great and ended up taking second place for the season. Olivia's team didn't fair so well and were eliminated in their first two games. However, I think she learned a lot and has really improved in both hitting and defense. She really likes to play 1st base and she did a super job with both that and pitching.
Taite loved baseball. He had the best coach any kid could ask for. The first practice Taite cried and cried because he didn't really want to play and by the end of the season he was asking when practice was. His team only lost one game and he even hit a homerun in their final game. It was awesome!

Olivia absolutely loves basketball so this year we sent her to a camp at USU. She learned tons and was so excited to be able to be coached by the USU women's coaching staff. They also had a lady there that plays pro ball in Europe helping with the camp and that was pretty exciting for her. She was so elated to find out our school district is keeping the junior high athletic programs and can't wait to try out for the team. In the meantime she will spend hours out back practicing drills and shooting. Both girls attended the PHS basketball camp and had a fun time with their friends. I love how they both enjoy playing and practice all the time. Shaylee is also involved in a volleyball camp. She would really like to play in a rec league this year, but we are going to see how that works out because it is Smithfield and I am not sure how we will work out the practice schedule driving down there during the school week. We'll try to make it work though.

The girls both participated in a 4-H day camp. Olivia learned about Geocaching and loved it. I think that would be such a fun family activity. I am sure she could teach us all how to do it. Shaylee learned how to make rolls. It was so fun because at the end of each day she would bring a pan of fresh made rolls home to bake so we were able to enjoy dinner rolls, drop rolls, and cinnamon rolls! Can't wait for her to make more. Now as a family we are working on Dutch oven cooking, fishing, and a paper craft project to turn into the fair. I love the 4-H program and hope my kids learn to love it as much as I do. Some of my greatest summer memories with my family are 4-H horse camp and all the years we spent there.

We have also been able to enjoy family reunions and camping trips. The Thueson family reunion was held in Lava again this year. Way Fun! I love to go and see my family and just relax for the day and watch the kids play with their cousins. Dave and Taite played so hard in the pool I thought they would both fall asleep immediately in the car. We didn't do the hot pools this year because it was SO hot already and we left early to make it back to Franklin for the fireworks and root beer floats on our front lawn for Idaho Days. We also brought my cousin's daughter back with us for a few days and her and Shaylee had tons of fun together! We spent the weekend in Rexburg for the Drury reunion again at Mel and Rama's and enjoyed seeing people we only see once a year or less. I really enjoy going up there because of the connection we have with attending college there. I always have to take my Saturday morning run up the hill to check out all the changes and reminisce about the good ol' college days. After the reunion Olivia stayed up there with one Dave's cousin's family for the week and really had a great time. She loves being with Aubri and when they can't be together they always write letters to each other.
For the fourth of July we went camping down at Dave's Dad's land below Franklin. At first I was really disapointed about where we were going, but the kids had so dang much fun that it turned into a great weekend. They fished, caught frogs and minnows, swam in the river, road the 4-wheeler, and of course sat around the campfire at night. Rick and Rose's kids came and spent one day with us and played right along with the kids. So fun! I can't wait to pull the trailer out again this week, this time a little farther from home, and spend a few more days playing in the sunshine. We finished the 4th weekend at the Lewiston Parade and Fireworks on Monday.

I just completed a 1/2 marathon in Bryce Canyon. It was my first one in two years and I am again hooked. I am LOTS slower than I was before, but so content with that to prevent getting hurt again. I had so much fun running the entire race with Teresa and Suzanne. I it is the hottest and steepest race I have ever run, but also the funnest, to do it step by step with a great friend. I hope if I am cautious I can keep it going.
The rest of the summer I am sure will fly by so we'll post more later. We are looking forward to spending time with Kelly and Tabi, welcoming Bryon and Mindy back to Cache Valley, camping, girls camp, rodeo weekend, Bear Lake, sunshine, and getting ready for school.
Hope you are all having great summers too.

Looks like you have been busy this summer! We Are now in remission until school-just hanging out with friends and with each other. Thanks for the fun that we had over in Idaho with you guys! You are the best! We miss you all already! Good luck with school!
ReplyDelete