The other day I took Taite in to get his haircut. While we were waiting he was asking questions about the decor, it is all western. He was talking about the horses, the pictures, etc. A few minutes later I watched him studying something on the wall. Then, he stood up and walked behind the counter where you make appointments and pay. He comes back and sits down and I asked him what he was looking for.
He replied, "The drinks."
I asked, "What drinks."
He said, "You know the ones they have at Saloons."
It took me a second before it clicked that on the wall under the name of the place it said Salon. Only with his beginning reading skills and his knowledge of the west and cowboys he read it Saloon. A good laugh for the day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment