family

family

Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Day Camping

We were invited by our friends, Troy and Darlene Wing, to join them for a few days at Henry's Lake the week of Memorial Day. We were lucky enough to work it out so we could go and we had a blast! Taite had the catch of the trip with a 7 pound cutbow. He was so mad when we ate it for dinner that night instead of "mounting it". The kids had fun fishing on the boat, but they loved fishing off the bank. You could see swarms of fish from the bank. Of course, being in Idaho, we had lovely Memorial Day weather, but in between breaks in the storms we found plenty of time to fish. The second day we were a little late coming in from the lake when a storm hit and I thought we were going to freeze to death before we got off the lake. Luckily it was more of a cold rain not too much wind storm or we may have been in a little trouble. As it was both Shaylee and I were a little nervous, but we made it in safe and sound. The last day there I was holding the boat at the dock while Troy and Dave were getting it started. As they started to pull away from the dock I quickly realized there was a lure under my hand and as the pulled away it hooked into my thumb! Luckily, Dave hurried and grabbed the pole and released the bale on the reel so I could dig the hook out otherwise I really think I would have been pulled into the lake as they drove off! Dave had a great time out in the boat each morning with Troy and then going out again with the kids in the afternoons. When we weren't fishing we visited and the kids played and watched movies. It was a great way to start out the summer camping season and we hope to fit in many more trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment