family

family

Friday, June 4, 2010

MaY MaDnEsS......

We have lived through May madness yet another year and summer vacation has officially begun!


The girls both had huge projects they had to complete. Shaylee had to complete an Idaho History Scrapbook that was so fun to work on all year. We took lots of pictures and gathered postcards and pamphlets as we traveled throughout the state. It was a fun project to work on. Olivia had to complete her autobiography. It had to be ten chapters long with illustrations or photos for each sections. She worked so hard to have it "just right". Both of them produced work that will be treasured for a very long time. Now we venture into the 7th grade bug and leaf collection!

Dave and I celebrated our 16th anniversary the first weekend in May. It was nice to have a weekend away with just the two of us. We were able to attend the temple, which we don't take the time to do often enough. I love to do that on our anniversary to remember the promises we have made and the ones we have been given.

Olivia started her first job! She is an official employee and gets to move chickens twice a month. She absolutely HATES it! We have to keep reminding her that until she can find a better paying job for a 12 year old she will just have to stick it out. Oh, the joys of growing up and learning the value of work.

Shaylee and Taite performed with their elementary school "The Whole World Is Dancing". I won't comment too much because I have already blogged about it. It was an amazing program though.

Taite's first grade class did a little class program that was darling. He has grown up so much this year. Instead of putting his hand under his chin as he did in the kindergarten program he was an active participant! My favorite part was when he was the bull and he charged the bull fighter. I also loved the 3 Bears song. My little guy is growing up!

Shaylee was recognized for perfect attendance in fourth grade and for reaching 100 AR points. For someone who didn't really like reading chapter books until this year she made leaps and bounds of improvement in reading!

Olivia and Shaylee performed in their piano recital. The theme was jazz and blues. each student played and individual piece and a duet. Their piano teacher promised she doesn't do the duets to punish the parents, but let me tell you it isn't always pleasant to listen to the two of them practice together! I realized at the recital that the girls are beyond the keyboard level and we desperately need a piano! Olivia also played a fiddle blues song. She did a super job. It makes me sad because she has lost interest in the violin/fiddle, but she loves the piano so I am happy about that.

Shaylee had a gymanstics review. She is becoming quite the little/tall gymnast. She will get on the trampoline and go from frontflip - backflip - frontflip - backflip over and over again without taking a break! She also has sits and does back handsprings over and over and over again! On the trampoline the other day she did about 25 in a row! She loves it!

Olivia has finished clogging for the year and says she doesn't want to do it again next year. I think she said that last year though so we will see. This year she participated in team and duet so that was fun for her. She is so fun to watch because she works so hard at it and puts so much personality into it.

I finished my final days as a substitute teacher in the district and am now looking forward to teaching 4th grade full time starting in August. I am so dang excited! I am really looking forward to doing what I really love and being in the school with my children.

With all the above completed we have entered summer vacation. We look forward to softball and baseball games, camping, swim lessons, camping, basketball camp, camping, family reunions, camping, volleyball camp, camping, 4-H projects, camping.....

2 comments:

  1. Love your hair style Viv! Samantha wants to do it now- she's been looking for a good excuse and Olivia has done that! We'll see! Good for Amy to go back to school and teach! That's a hard thing to decide on! Can't wait to see ya'll in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to hear what you guys have been up to. What a beautiful family you have! That is exciting you are going back to teaching - how lucky the upcoming 4th graders are!
    Enjoy summer:)
    P.S. - I LOVE the hair cut!

    ReplyDelete