family

family

Monday, March 14, 2011

She is 11!!!!!


Our beautiful Shaylee has turned 11. Dave and I had a fun weekend with her at the basketball tournament, spending quality time with just her. She is so much fun and there is never a dull moment with her around. She stil loves the little girls things of baby dolls, playing school, and American Girl dolls. However, she has started to enter the stage of young womanhood. She also loves music, clothes, make-up (only one more year!), and all the latest fads. She told me yesterday that she couldn't believe that she had to go to church on her birthday and waste three hours. I had to remind her that she had played all weekend and that we were having a party after church, and besides she wasn't eleven until 10:19 PM. Last night after we had celebrated and the kids were tucked in she said, "Don't forget to wish me happy birthday at 10:19." Then worried that I wouldn't remember every five minutes she kept saying, "Don't forget!" Needless to say I remembered. As I went upstairs to tell her happy birthday she said, "Well where is my present if it is my birthday?" Only Shaylee.... We love her so much and are so very proud of the beautiful young woman she has grown into. Happy Birthday Shay, LOVE YOU!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a darling girl and funny too! Love her! Happy Birthday Shaylee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like it was a fun weekend! We called but now we know you were at church. We love our Shaylee too! Happy Birthday again Shaylee! Sounds like it's going to be a busy month of birthdays for y'all!

    ReplyDelete