This past weekend was full of FAMILY! I love that Dave's family all lives close enough now to get together and let the cousins play and the adults visit. The weekend started out Saturday afternoon, with a cousin Christmas gift exchange. I love how excited my kids get when they find out which cousin they are going to buy for. This year was no exception. They each were very thoughtful about trying to find just the perfect gift. I think the most special one for me to watch was Taite trying to find the perfect gift for the oldest cousin Rickie. I gave him quite a few ideas, but in the end he knew what she needed and that was what he was going to buy. He ended up getting her a book light and blanket, the perfect gift for someone who enjoys reading as much as she does. Shaylee and Olivia also put much thought into their gifts and you could see the happiness shine in their eyes as Travis opened his chess set from Shaylee and Jocelynn opened her Fur Real Penguin from Olivia. The delight was fantastic. My kids were also on the receiving end ~ which they were absolutely delighted with their gifts. I do think however, the actual receiving for them is just the finale to the excitement they feel as they choose the PERFECT gift for someone else.
Saturday evening we attended the annual Priestley Christmas Party. It seemed a little short on people this year, but ever so fun. I love the chance to visit with Dave's family who we only see once or twice a year. Those that weren't there were truly missed! Santa was awesome this year, and made sure he spent time with each individual child. This was Shaylee's last chance to sit on Santa's knee, and she gave no short order asking for an iPod touch. Taite's order was none to short as well asking for an x-box 360, luckily Santa hadn't a clue on that one!
Sunday was out family get-together. We had a wonderful dinner and a fabulous agme of BINGO. I loved how Dave's mom planned the prizes for the BINGO game, making sure everyone went home with something fun. The cousins opened their gifts from Grandpa and Grandma, each of them receiving a pillow pet and fabulous soft blanket, while the adults received crock-pots and emergency shovels. I appreciate how much thought Dave's mom puts into Christmas gift giving. I love the twinkle in her eye as everyone opens their gifts. She is truly a woman that finds joy in the simple things. The final thoughts left with us for the night were priceless. Each of us were given a flashlight. One at a time we added our beam to the first single beam as Dave's mom told us the importance of all of remembering how important family is. What a special way to end a perfect evening and start the holiday celebrations.

No comments:
Post a Comment