New Year's Resolutions:
1. I will act upon the promptings to do better
2. I will stop and spend precious moments with those I love
3. I will try to be better
I know very general, but I don't know for sure how to be more specific on these three areas. Maybe it is me maturing, maybe it is age in general, but over the past few months I have found myself often reflecting on the day's happenings and wondering how I could have been better.
Many times I think I should have acted on a prompting to call someone, to visit someone, or even to say something to someone I am near.
Many times at the end of the day I think that the interactions I have had with my children only invovled waking them up, kissing them good-bye for the day, helping with homework and making sure they are in bed in a timely mannyer. I wonder, "Where are those precious moments that I want to cherish forever?"
Many times I wish I would have paused to make a phone call to a family member, or sent an email, or wrote a quick note.
Many times I think, "Oh, I shouldn't have said that, I shouldn't have acted in that way, I should have been more positive, I should have sat back, listened and reflected. I should have been better."
My goal this year is to be better. To be a person that even though everyone may not agree with me, at the end of the day I am happy about who I am. At the end of the day I can say to myself, "I have done the absolute best I know how to do". At the end of the day I can feel peace.
I am here to find joy, to celebrate the happy moments, and to be the best I can be.
Happy 2012!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment