family

family

Thursday, March 1, 2012

February....GOOD RIDDANCE!

Normally, I would say, "Dang where has the month gone?" However, to February I say good riddance! I am not sure why, but February is not my favorite month. I even think it would be better to move Valentine's day to a different month, because the love just doesn't flow for me at the end of winter. Even though this Idaho winter has been very mild,I am ready for sunshine, yardwork, and warmth.

For Valentine's Day we had out traditional dinner celebration, but because it was on a school night, I had to change up the menu a bit. I deleted the steak, shrimp and baked potatoes, and substituted a chicken cordon bleu casserole instead. Yes, we also pulled out the china. This year we all drew names and wrote a "love note" to the person who we drew. It was a fun way of expressing our appreciation to each other.

The last two weeks of February included a couple of basketball tournaments for both girls. However, the weeks definitely slowed down with the end of the Preston Super/Preston Rec leagues ending. The girls were also able to pick their piano lessons back up, after having to take a few weeks off due to basketball chaos.

I have a feeling the end of February was the calm before the storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment