To date we have 25+ scheduled basketball games in the month of MARCH!!!! There is also a possibility of 3 basketball tournaments and 3 volleyball tournaments. In the mix we add basektball, soccer, and volleyball practices. Oh yes, and we will fit in piano lessons.
Olivia, Shaylee, and Taite will be playing in a 7 game (each) league in Smithfield with a single elmination tournament at the end. Shaylee is continuing to play in Ogden on Thursdays, with three upcoming tournaments on the weekends. Her CVVC(Cache Valley Volleyball Club) team will begin tournaments in the I.F. area sometime this month. With the beautiful weather that is ahead of us (positive thinking, positive thinking) Olivia will be hitting the soccer fields soon.
You ask, "Why do we do this to ourselves." My answer is simple, "For my children." I had a mom say to me awhile ago that I was crazy to MAKE my kids do all of the activities they are involved in. My response to her was, "Do you seriously think I make my kids play ball? Do you really think I wouldn't rather be at home after work winding down after a long day, than being in the car running kids from one end of the valley to the next? Umm, yeah I don't make my kids do it, I only do it because they want to." I look at it as a brief time that I have left to spend with them. Yes, I will admit I go crazy trying to fit it all in, and I ask for a break every once in a while, but I am so grateful that I can support my children in the things they love. Not only do we go to an endless number of ball games together, but we have mom dates, we read together, we laugh together, etc. Right now my children are the center of my world and I love every moment, so let's play some more ball....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment