family

family

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Olivia's Honors

Tonight was the 8th grade recognition dinner and dance for Olivia.  We are so proud of what she has accomplished in the junior high.  She received a High Honor Roll award for 6-8 grade, having no tardies in 8th grade (which she kind of doubted), and she was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society.  She may deny it, but she works very hard in school and the hard work has certainly paid off. 



After the dinner and the awards they held a dance for the 8th grade students.  Dave and I ran over to a wedding reception for a friend and returned a few minutes before the dance was scheduled to end.  Dave parked the car and started getting out, and I commented that surely he wasn't going to go into the dance and get her.  He looked at me like it was no big deal and headed into the gym.  As I waited in the car for about 10 minutes I tried to picture Liv's reaction when she saw her dad walk in.  I pretty much pictured it right.....Liv came out to the car with a look of anger on her face.  When I asked her  how the dance was I could tell she was ticked!  Sure enough as soon as she saw her dad in the gym for her the dance was as good as over.  She told him in no uncertain terms that she couldn't believe he would walk in like that and sit and watch her, it was completely embarrassing.  Welcome to figuring out the world of teenagers.  I am sure that is not the first or last time she will be embarrassed by her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment