'Tis the season of birthdays in our house. We started out celebrating Shaylee's in March and now Olivia, Taite, and Dave have each turned one year older. Shaylee had basketball games on both Olivia and Taite's birthdays so for the very first time since Taite was born we celebrated in between their special days on the 9th. Olivia turned 15 on the 8th, and Taite turned 10 on the 10th.
Olivia has grown into quite the young woman this past year. I can't believe she is coming to the end of her freshman year in high school. She has truly impressed me with her strength to make good choices, choose good friends, and do her best. Maybe that has a little to do with being the oldest child and the pressure I am sure she will say we put on her, but I am very proud of her. Both Taite and Liv paid half for an ipod touch for the birthdays and then we threw in a little extra for both of them. With her birthday also comes being able to drive SOON on her own. She took driver's ed in December and keeps reminding us that we need to go car shopping because June 22 she is legal to drive. Not sure I am ready for that.
Taite convinced us it was his magic birthday also because he was turning 10 on April 10th. Not quite as magical as Shaylee's, but magical none the less. Unlike Shaylee who wanted to spend the day at school with friends, he wanted a day off from school. I am not one to promote missing school for the heck of it, but Dave gave in ~ opening day of turkey hunting should tell you why~ and let him miss the first half of the day. Dave took him turkey hunting in the morning, where he shot his very first turkey! Much to Taite's dismay Dave brought him to school for the afternoon which didn't make Taite any too happy. However, at the end of the day I asked him how his magic birthday was and he replied back with an enthusiastic "GREAT"! One I am sure he won't forget.
Dave turned 42 today. Surprisingly there were no basketball games or conflicts, so we had a low key, happy birthday party together as a family. I don't think there was even anything magical about his day, sorry honey, the birthday song was heart felt even if it was a little off key. Happy 42, Dave, and wishing you many, many more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment