Just a couple of funnies that have happened that I thought you might get a chuckle out of.
Olivia was trying to get a poster for a science assignment completed. Being Ms. Perfectionist she would draw the poster, erase, draw the poster, erase, draw the poster, erase.....
Finally, in exasperation she said, "I think I am just going to slant this straight line so it won't bug me."
Me: But if you slant a straight line won't you just end up with a line that is slanted?
Liv: No, it will be a straight ~ slanted line.
Me: And that won't bug you to have a straight~slanted line?
Liv: No, because at least it will be straight.
I was walking out to the bus with one of my students and we were talking about the end of the year and moving up a grade. I asked him if he had a preference on who his teacher would be for fifth grade. He told me a name and said she would be perfect for him.
Me: How do you know she will be perfect for you?
Student: Because she is perfect for my friend this year.
Me: What if she is perfect for your friend but not you?
Student: I guess I will deal with it. I mean I dealt with you.
Me: ~Speechless~
It stung pretty bad until the next day we were dividing into groups and he wanted to be in my group. As we were finishing our activity he put his arm around me and said, "Just want you to know I will always stand by you."


No comments:
Post a Comment