family

family

Saturday, March 20, 2010

BaSkEtBaLl SeAsOn




The basketball season has officially ended for the Priestley family. Taite finished mid-February with a season of 7-1. He had so much fun playing, and I don't think there was ever a game when he wasn't out on the court with a smile. The league he played in was a boy/girl, 1/2 grade league. One game he had to guard a girl that was quite a bit bigger than he was. A couple days later he was telling someone about his game and he said he had to guard a "huge girl". When they first lined-up to see who was guarding who, she looked at him and said, "Oh, he will be easy." Little did she know how he sticks to his person like glue. She was VERY frustrated by the time he was done guarding her! Even though he didn't make a single basket during the games he stuck with it and had so much fun. We were very proud of him.
Shaylee played in the local rec league and did a fabulous job! She was the tallest person on any of the 3/4 grade teams so needless to say she had tons of rebounds. I think they ended the season 4-2. When the regular season was over Dave put together a little fourth grade team and coached them in a couple of tournaments where they placed 3rd and 2nd. Shaylee is so fun to watch because she is really learning to see the game while she is out there playing. She is also getting really good at fast-breaks. Now she just needs to realize she doesn't have to be quite so tenderhearted and apolozie every time she touches someone or gets a foul. She was so fun to watch and we are proud of her.
Olivia played in a competitive league with the same team she has been playing with for three years now. They started in October, took a short break in December, and then started again in January and just finished last weekend. I can't even tell you what their regular season record was, but at the three tournaments they finished the season with they won two of them and placed 3rd at one. She is still as fiesty as ever on the ballcourt and I am amazed for as short as she is how many rebounds she gets! She is also getting great at little outside jumpers. It has been so fun watching her improve the past three years.
Dave and I both played a little church ball this year. Dave plays every year that he isn't hurt, but I haven't played for 15 years. After playing this year I quickly remembered why I quit playing :). I am not so sure that I will be back next year. Dave also played in the PHS alumni tournament. I'm not sure how they placed, but he had lots of fun playing with his old high school pals.
Now we wait for the Idaho spring weather to settle (wait does that happen?) and start in with softball/baseball. I will definitely be a cheerleader not a participant for that sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment