family

family

Saturday, February 5, 2011

OUCH....

It is not until you are hurt that you realize how grateful you are to be healthy...
It is my turn to be humbled and hurt. I have been playing volleyball with a group of friends on Thursday nights. I love the game and look forward to it each week. Unfortunately, I won't be playing for a few weeks. This past Thursday we were playing and I went up for the block and came down wrong on my ankle and have sprained my ankle and foot. Yep, if you're going to do it, do it good. It has helped me appreciate the few miles I could run on the treadmill, going to the grocery store, fixing dinner, folding laundry, trudging up the stairs after a long day,etc., etc., and I am sure come Monday morning I will be humbled even more as I attempt to teach my fourth graders! May it heal fast, for I have learned my lesson of humility.

Three weeks later, I am able to run again! YEAH!!!! Slow and steady, but at least I am running.

No comments:

Post a Comment