
Summer wouldn't be summer without our trek to Skyview Pool for swim lessons. This was Shaylee's last year that she HAS to take lessons, but knowing her she will just continue them because I am going down anyway. Taite has three more summers and then hopefully we have children that can swim, which they can already do better than me. I did a dumb this year and when I registered them I signed them up for the first session of the season like I always do. When I checked the website the dates were still up for the previous summer so I just went off that schedule and adjusted the dates to this years calendar. For the past few years Skyview has done a 1-week, 1-hour a day schedule. As Friday went on, I started wondering when they would do their exit tests and began to think that something wasn't right. At the end of the Friday lesson I had the kids give their teachers their thank you and I could tell that they were wondering what was going on. All of a sudden in my mind I realized I had to of made a mistake so I went to the front desk and ask if the session was over. NOPE! They have gone back to 2-weeks, 40-minute lessons! So we had only finished half of their lessons and would be out of town the entire next week for the second half. Luckily, the pool manager was understanding and when we returned from our trip to the summer games we caught the end of the second session to get the second week in. Even though everything worked out there was a lesson learned: Don't go off a schedule that is a year old, things do change. Great job, Shaylee and Taite, keep up the great swimming!

No comments:
Post a Comment