family

family

Friday, October 7, 2011

Chickens


Okay, so I just have to share one more post, even though Olivia will be a little upset. She has started working back at Ritewoods now that she has recovered fully, which makes this story even better. A few weeks ago Olivia, a friend, and I were in the car and talking about our day. She said she was starving, so I asked her what she had had for lunch. Her response was that she had chose a chicken burger, but didn't eat it because there was a hair in it. I replied that I was surprised it wasn't a feather. She just kept talking not really responding to my smart alec reply. Her friend and her kept talking about lunch and how gross it is. I told her she should try them again the next time they have them because who knows maybe they are made from the chickens she has to work with. She looked at me kind of funny and said, "You mean they are made out of chicken?" I was dumbfounded. I just looked at her and didn't know what to say. Then I replied, "Yes that is why they are called chicken burgers. Why do you think I said you might find a feather in one." She started laughing and admitted she thought I was talking about a feather that everyone is wearing in their hair as the latest fashion craze! Wow! That was a blonde moment.

2 comments:

  1. How funny! Kids can be so ditzy sometimes.....but then again, I'm always pulling ditzy moments too! Thanks for the laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete