Holy smokes...once again time has gotten away from me. To catch up I think I will take it a month at a time. Luckily, July was the season for reunions! Due to Olivia's foot surgery we have not ventured out hardly at all this summer so we were ready for a little fun. The first weekend of July we spent at the farm getting to know close and distant family members on the Priestley side, many of whom I had never met. Days at the farm are always a great way to pass the summer. We had ample time to visit, let cousins play, of course eat, and have a very relaxing, enjoyable time. My favorite part of the reunion was when we hiked Little Mountain and Dave and Kelly shared stories of Franklin and growing up here. Hopefully, that is a little memory I can tuck away somewhere safe to remember.

The first of the month Dave and I started a new fitness program in Preston called Crossfit. I must say I have a very like/hate relationship with it. First, I hate waking up at 6:00 every morning, when I could be sleeping in. Second, I hate how bad I hurt the day after a work out of the day (WOD). Third, I really would rather be running. However, I like the feeling of accomplishment after each grueling workout. I have promised I will stick with it through the summer and see how it goes. Dave has also committed to stick with it. He can't decide if he would rather do Crossfit or just workout at the gym and hike. We shall see what happens....
Girls' Camp at Cinnamon Creek was also in the plans the second week of July. However, because of Olivia's feet, we just drove up for one day. Olivia was pretty bummed that she couldn't go because she had so much fun last year. She was able to participate in a few things, but I could tell that between the wheelchair and her big old boots she was quite uncomfortable being with her friends. This has definitely been a challenge for her.
The second week of July found us at the Drury reunion in Rexburg. This is always a fun time for the kids to play with family they only see once a year, especially our girls. They have become close friends with some of their distant Drury family and it is fun to look forward to them getting together for a few days in the summer. Of course, there is always the horses to ride, a giant slip-and-slide this year, family to visit with, games, and lots of food. We weren't sure we were going to be able to make it work this year, but we are so glad that we did, and that we were able to be with such great people for a couple of days.
On the way home from Rexburg we stopped to see my grandparents and my parents. The older our kids get, the more involved they get in activities, the less time we find to go visit. It was so good to stop in and see them, even though the time is never long enough.
The last week of July brought "The Famous Preston Night Rodeo". We attended the parade all three nights with family members and on Thursday we attended the rodeo with family. I love going to events like this when we are surrounded with family. It was so fun to be able to have the cousins hang out together and enjoy the fun summer event.
Looking back July seems now to have flown by, however during the month time moved slowly. We were limited with how much Olivia could be out of the house and on her feet so we were not able to participate in the summer activities like camping, the lake, swimming, etc. like we normally do. However, I think for the first time the kids were able to find things around the house and yard to entertain them and keep them busy.

No comments:
Post a Comment