Once again one of my children has left me speechless. Today Taite and I were walking down the hall at the Oakwood and he told me he needed an appointment with the principal. Here is our conversation:
Taite: Mom, I need an appointment with the principal.
Me: What for?
Taite: To tell her who I want for a teacher next year.
Me: Umm, I don't think students usually do that.
Taite: Well I am going to.
Me: You better have three teachers chosen and a reason why they would be a good teacher for you.
Taite: Okay.
Me: Okay, let's go see if she is here yet.
So we walk by the office to his classroom and ask if he can see the principal. The secretary tells us that she isn't in, but that she will give her the message. Later in the day when I am walking back from lunch I see Taite walking down the hall with the principal.
Conversation when I got home from work:
Me: Taite I saw you walking down the hall with the principal today, did you get in trouble?
Taite: No, it was for my appointment.
Me: What did you tell her?
Taite: I told her who I wanted for a teacher.
Me: Will you tell me who you requested?
Taite: You.
Me: What did the principal say?
Taite: She said I probably couldn't be in your class because if she let me do that all the kids in the school would think I was HER favorite. Then, she asked me if there were any other teachers I would want.
Me: What did you tell her.
Taite: Mr. Keller or Mrs. Smart.
Me: Did you give her a reason?
Taite: I told her that I wanted to be in one of their classes because they are right next to yours.
My conversation with the principal the next day.
Me: So Taite had an appointment with you yesterday and requested his teacher for next year.
Principal: Yes, I told him if I put him in your class all the other students would think he was YOUR favorite so I didn't know if I could do that. Then he gave me two other teachers' names and explained why he should be in one of their classes.
We will have to see how this ends up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment