family

family

Thursday, August 29, 2013

School again, school again, jiggity jig......

It is official:

Taite is in 5th grade.
Shaylee is in 8th grade.
Olivia is a sophomore.
I am teaching 4th grade again this year.

The school year is in full swing.  It seems the first few days every year are a little rough and then all of a sudden it seems like we never left for the summer.  I have already hit the "never left" feeling.  It isn't that I don't love my job, I wouldn't trade what I do for anything in the world.  However, once we fall back into that school day routine (which I love) time just seems to keep on going.



I am so excited for my kids this year.  Olivia has been driving to school a little bit to help out so I don't have to sit around waiting so long after school for her to finish soccer practice.  The first time she left the house in her own little car I have to admit I cried.  Yes, I am a baby!  I still get nervous as she drives away, or if I get home before her (which is most of the time since practice goes until about 7:00).  Even though there is that bit of nerves from me I am excited for the young woman she is turning into.  There is a lot in store for her this next year, and I can't wait to be a part of that.


Shaylee finally made a decision on the fall sport she wanted to particpate in. 
DRUM ROLL..................................................................................
cross~country it is.  She has continued to run with the cross country team since school started and the other day I asked her when volleyball tryouts are.  She commented with a shrug of her shoulder that they had been held the week before.  Now that she has made the choice I hope she puts her whole heart into what she has chosen and does well at it.  She has also said that she is going to work extra hard this year on her grades.  She is a super student, but this year she is determined to get as high a grades as she possible can if she works hard.

Taite is no longer in the classroom next door, and I already miss that.  Now that he is in fifth grade I won't be able to see him every day during school, but maybe just see him for a brief glimpse here and there.   He is developing quite the quick-witted personality and seems to be excited about his 5th grade adventures ahead.  After last year's tremedous improvement with attitude about attending school I hope we can just keep building that up.

I am excited about my class of 28.  Every year I love to walk into the room and start right off with getting to know each one of my students.  Each year certainly brings challenges, but the rewards far outweigh them.

We are off and running (Shaylee literally) into the school year and fall sports.  I will keep updating as I find time.............

No comments:

Post a Comment