Yes, you read the title right. There are a few people in the Priestley household that think we have entered into the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" we even have a song that is sung to the Christmas tune with adapted words to fit it. Dave wakes up every day humming it and I pull the covers back over my head in denial. For him and the kids it means hiking, hunting, and fun. For me it means one day closer to SNOW!!!!! I do enjoy the hiking, but I hate the cold! They say it is the opening of hunting season, but you know at this house I don't think there is a closing, it all just runs together from one year to another. Anyway, Dave and Olivia officially opened this years hunting season with each of them shooting a turkey. All three of the kids got to participate in the adventure and they had a fabulous time! Olivia was kind of disappointed the first trip out because Dave got one and she didn't, but she admitted later it was too hard of a shot for her anyway. She came home beaming this past trip and so excited that she got one! Way to go VIVA! Dave is now looking forward to deer season this weekend and a trip to Montana for antelope. Good luck, we could really use the meat this year!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
The Most Wonderful Time of the Year....For Some of Us
Yes, you read the title right. There are a few people in the Priestley household that think we have entered into the "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" we even have a song that is sung to the Christmas tune with adapted words to fit it. Dave wakes up every day humming it and I pull the covers back over my head in denial. For him and the kids it means hiking, hunting, and fun. For me it means one day closer to SNOW!!!!! I do enjoy the hiking, but I hate the cold! They say it is the opening of hunting season, but you know at this house I don't think there is a closing, it all just runs together from one year to another. Anyway, Dave and Olivia officially opened this years hunting season with each of them shooting a turkey. All three of the kids got to participate in the adventure and they had a fabulous time! Olivia was kind of disappointed the first trip out because Dave got one and she didn't, but she admitted later it was too hard of a shot for her anyway. She came home beaming this past trip and so excited that she got one! Way to go VIVA! Dave is now looking forward to deer season this weekend and a trip to Montana for antelope. Good luck, we could really use the meat this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Amy, somehow I stumbled upon your blog from someone elses but anyway....I love it!
ReplyDelete