One of our very favorite Halloween activities is to take the kids to the Pumpkin Walk. It is fun to walk through the park and pick out our favorite displays. This year our votes included the Keebler Elf Cookies (Olivia and I), Star Wars (Taite), Michael Jackson and the New Generation Pepsi Commercial (Shaylee), Jolly Green Giant (Dave). We also had to take a photo at the McDonald's one because whenever we ask the kids where they want to eat if we are stopping for something quick Shaylee and Taite vote McDonald's and Olivia says no way. After you check out all the pumpkins there are wooden cut-outs for the kids to have fun with. Olivia wouldn't join Shaylee and Taite, but we did get a couple of cute pics of them. Luckily we went last night before the storm, because this morning we actually woke up to snow!!!!!!!!!!! I say YUCK to that, but I think everyone else in the house was pretty excited. I guess I am going to have to add to their costumes to try to make them ready for winter for Saturday night and trick-or-treating. We will attempt pumpkin carving later this week, but I promise it won't be anything like what we saw at the pumpkin walk, they were amazing!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Pumpkin Walk
One of our very favorite Halloween activities is to take the kids to the Pumpkin Walk. It is fun to walk through the park and pick out our favorite displays. This year our votes included the Keebler Elf Cookies (Olivia and I), Star Wars (Taite), Michael Jackson and the New Generation Pepsi Commercial (Shaylee), Jolly Green Giant (Dave). We also had to take a photo at the McDonald's one because whenever we ask the kids where they want to eat if we are stopping for something quick Shaylee and Taite vote McDonald's and Olivia says no way. After you check out all the pumpkins there are wooden cut-outs for the kids to have fun with. Olivia wouldn't join Shaylee and Taite, but we did get a couple of cute pics of them. Luckily we went last night before the storm, because this morning we actually woke up to snow!!!!!!!!!!! I say YUCK to that, but I think everyone else in the house was pretty excited. I guess I am going to have to add to their costumes to try to make them ready for winter for Saturday night and trick-or-treating. We will attempt pumpkin carving later this week, but I promise it won't be anything like what we saw at the pumpkin walk, they were amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Viva, nice job on the "no way" to McDonalds! you can have lunch with us anytime:) btw Amy, when are we going for lunch?:)
ReplyDelete