family

family

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Spring Birthdays




Everyone in our house is now another year older! Olivia celebrated her 13th birthday on April 8. We took her out to dinner to Texas Roadhouse. She was so nervous that they would find out it was her birthday and pull out the saddle and sing to her. When they asked if we were here for a special occassion we told them that it was her birthday, but she absolutely did not want to be sung to. She still got a free dessert out of it :). Taite celebrated his birthday on April 10th. He didn't want to go out to dinner, he just wanted steak and macaroni and cheese. I must say I haven't ever had a mac and cheese with steak dinner. Not our favorite, but he loved it. It seems as the kids have gotten busier and our schedules have become full the birthdays have become simplified. We still try to have a small recognition with a homemade cake, but we don't do the big parties anymore. I hope even though there isn't a party with family and friends that my kids realize how special they are and that it really is their special day.





We also celebrated Dave's birthday. He turned 40 this year and for ever he has been saying that when he turns 40 he was going on a safari. I was feeling pretty bad that he wouldn't be able to fulfill his dream so I took the day off and created a "safari" for him. We went to one of his favorite restaurants in SLC, Rodizio Grill. He loves it bacause it is all you can eat meat ~ tons of different kinds. Then we spent the night at Anniversary Inn in the Safari Room. The next morning we drove to Cabela's and took pictures of the African safari animals. I know it isn't near the same thing, but I sure had a great time being with him. Maybe some day he will be able to get to Africa. Since our anniversary is only a few weeks away we will also count this as our 17th anniverdary celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment